If you love a massage from a professional therapist, but you don’t love the post-massage pain and swelling that sometimes follows, you aren’t alone. Typically, this pain occurs because of the pressure applied during the massage. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce post-massage pain and swelling before and after your session:
- Hydrate – Drink plenty of water before and after your massage to help flush out toxins released during the massage because this helps reduce post-massage pain and swelling in your muscles. Without water to flush them out, toxins will remain in your body and contribute to discomfort.
Of course, water is critical for other reasons, too. It helps to keep your body temperature regulated and hydrated, which is essential when receiving a massage.
- Heat Therapy – Apply heat to the affected area after your massage session. Heating pads, hot baths, or even warm compresses can help quell any discomfort. Applying heat to the area is especially helpful if you experience post-massage soreness and inflammation.
- Talk to Your Masseuse – If it’s a big problem, or if you’re consistently having post-massage pain and swelling, it’s important to chat with your masseuse. They may be able to adjust their technique or pressure to ensure that you don’t experience the same issue.
- Move Around – It’s important to move around after a massage session and to avoid sitting or lying down for long periods. Walking, gentle stretching, and engaging in light activity can help reduce post-massage soreness. By doing this, you’re encouraging your body to flush away the toxins that have been released during the massage. Also, the increased blood flow will help to reduce the pain and swelling.
- Follow the Masseuse’s Advice – Before leaving the spa, make sure you discuss any post-massage remedies that the masseuse may have for you. They may suggest certain activities or treatments that will help reduce pain and swelling after the massage. These can be anything from hot or cold compresses to muscle relaxers or special oils and creams that you can apply after the massage. Following their advice closely will help ensure that you’re getting the best possible results from your massage.
By following these five simple tips, you can help minimize post-massage pain and swelling. From drinking plenty of fluids to properly stretching and following the masseuse’s advice, you can make sure that your massage experience is a pleasant one. Keep these tips in mind, and you’ll be able to enjoy your massage without worrying about unnecessary pain and swelling afterward.
Choosing the Right Masseuse
Your choice of the masseuse is another important factor when it comes to reducing post-massage pain and swelling. Make sure that you find a masseuse who understands your needs and has the experience to properly perform a massage for you. Furthermore, make sure that your chosen masseuse uses the appropriate amount of pressure and technique.
When selecting a massage company in Tucson AZ, always read reviews and ask around to ensure that you are selecting a company with good word-of-mouth. Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions and inquire about the masseuse’s experience. For example, ask the following questions: How long have they been practicing massage therapy? What types of massages do they specialize in? What type of training do they have? Once you have answers, you can feel confident in their ability and you’ll enjoy an amazing experience!