In simple terms, Orthotics are specially designed footwear that provide added support to your foot and make you feel comfortable. Today, the advancement in podiatry has helped innumerable people to enjoy the benefits of customized orthotics.
The foot specialists in Hudson Valley, use special techniques to design orthotics commonly known as insoles or inserts. These kinds of footwear accessories help to reduce foot disorders. The custom orthotics Wappingers Falls, you can get in foot specialist Hudson Valley Foot Associates, which are quite effective in lessening the discomfort felt because of foot disorders.
Signs when you need orthotics
- You are constantly troubled because of foot pain. It often happens while walking and standing.
- Swelling of foot often visualized which sometimes makes you unable to wear shoes properly.
- There is severe heel pain – Mostly, you experience sharp heel pain in the morning when you set your foot on the ground after getting up from bed. It happens because of the inflammation of a thick band of tissue called planter fascia, which is running along your foot from the toes to the heel bone. There is a need to give support to the thick tissue to absorb shocks, pressure on foot.
- You naturally have flat feet and or have high arch feet. Flat foot means there is no arch, which means the inward rolling of the foot. The high arch leads to toe issues like corn and calluses. Flat foot or high arch leads to ankle instability.
- Often trip over as you aren’t able to balance your body. Mostly aged people face such problems as their feet become flat.
- Your footwear is worn unevenly, like your one shoe wears quickly or one side of the footwear wears fast. This may be because of different lengths of legs.
- Lower limb injury may lead to food health issues thus there is a need to provide ample support to foot.
- The diabetic foot health issues like foot pain need to be treated soon to evade any further complications.
To evade all such foot problems, it is best to consult a podiatrist in Hudson Valley. They will examine the cause of the foot health issues and suggest the usage of orthotics. They will even prescribe medicines and describe foot exercises that you need to do daily to reduce foot discomfort. If left untreated by a foot specialist, then later on you may have to endure the discomfort of joint pain and gradually, your mobility will weaken.