Pain, swelling, and inflammation can impair your ability to perform routine activities effectively. Several therapies have evolved over the recent decades, but laser therapy is the most innovative tool that has the ability to induce healing in your body.
Katy laser therapy is an effective tool that stimulates healing at the cellular level. Grade IV laser therapy offered by state-of-the-art chiropractic specialists can dramatically relieve your painful symptoms, improving your quality of life.
What is grade IV laser therapy?
Grade IV laser therapy has become a standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries and degenerative conditions. Laser therapy uses specific wavelengths of light to create therapeutic effects. This phenomenon is known as “Photobiomodulation” (light-induced biological reaction). The emitted light stimulates your body’s natural healing ability to help provide relief to symptoms including pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
The laser light can easily penetrate the skin, aiming at the underlying tissue, muscle, and other structures. This stimulates cell energy production, initiating the healing process.
When is grade IV laser therapy recommended?
Grade IV laser therapy is effective in treating several acute and chronic painful conditions, such as:
- Automobile accidents
- High-impact contact sports injuries
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Herniated disc
- Leg pain
- Shoulder pain
- Temporomandibular (TMJ) joint disorder
What are the benefits of grade IV laser therapy?
Grade IV deep tissue laser therapy is gaining momentum owing to the following benefits:
- Decreases bradykinin (pain-eliciting chemical)
- The energy emitted by laser helps to reduce inflammation
- Induces healing by accelerating the production of antioxidants
- Accelerates cellular reproduction, growth, and repair
- Improves vascular activity by increasing the formation of new capillaries
- Stimulates acupuncture points without the need for needles
- Reduces the formation of scar tissue
- Increase collagen production thereby accelerating the wound healing properties
How is grade IV laser therapy performed?
Laser therapy is noninvasive and painless and is usually performed without anesthesia. The wavelength required will be determined by your chiropractic specialist based on your symptoms, medical history, and your diagnosis.
Grade IV laser therapy involves the following steps:
- You will lie down comfortably on your back
- Your specialist will place the laser device on the targeted area and activate the laser light
- You may experience a tingling sensation during the laser activation
- The process may take around 15 to 30 minutes depending on the area
- You can resume your routine activities immediately after the therapy
The results of laser therapy depend on the severity of your condition and may require multiple sessions to get the best outcomes. However, it requires patience and perseverance to let your body heal on its own to notice improvements.