A simple Google search on B2B marketing strategies will get you a ton of generic tactics related to SEO, content marketing, PPC, referrals, etc. You’ll also come across many repetitive strategies, including conducting thorough market research, understanding your audience, and leveraging data, among others. But some important aspects that small businesses need to consider while using these strategies are the expertise, resources and budget constraints that they might face. Moreover, the rapid market transformation also needs to be taken into consideration while implementing any of these strategies.
Your small business can take its marketing game to the next level by following the below-mentioned strategies. But if you wish to have a more targeted and growth-driven approach, you can partner with Amura Marketing Technologies, a leading B2B digital marketing company in India.
We have simplified this task for you. In this article, we have taken all these aspects into consideration and compiled a list of proven B2B marketing strategies that will be especially beneficial for small businesses. Let’s dive right into it!
B2B marketing for small businesses
Firstly, let’s quickly understand what B2B marketing strategies are for small businesses and why are they needed? It might often be perceived that small businesses might not require many marketing strategies when it comes to reaching other companies. But in a world that’s driven by digital and social media, it’s crucial to reach your target audience where they are most likely to be. Furthermore, in the B2B sector, a lot of decision makers are involved. So, having a B2B marketing plan in place helps reach each of these decision makers more effectively. Apart from that, here are some ways in which B2B marketing will prove to be beneficial for small businesses:
- Reaching a wider audience: By targeting other businesses, small businesses can expand their customer base and reach a wider audience seamlessly. This can help them increase their sales and revenue.
- Building lasting relationships: B2B marketing allows small businesses to build relationships with other businesses in their industry or niche area. This can further lead to partnerships, collaborations, and other opportunities for growth.
- Establishing credibility: By marketing to other businesses, small businesses can establish themselves as credible and trustworthy players in their industry. This can then help them gain the trust of potential customers and partners.
- Generating qualified leads: It can help small businesses in qualified B2B lead generation and potential market expansion. By targeting businesses that are likely to be interested in their products or services, small businesses can increase their chances of making a sale.
Things to consider before implementing B2B marketing strategies:
Now that we have understood why B2B marketing is essential for small businesses, let’s explore some important things to consider before implementing these strategies:
- Budget: Small businesses should determine how much they can afford to spend on marketing and allocate their budget accordingly.
- Target Audience: Small businesses should identify their target audience and understand their needs and pain points. This will help them create targeted marketing campaigns that resonate with their audience.
- Competitors: Small businesses should research their competitors and identify their strengths and weaknesses. This will help them create marketing campaigns that differentiate their brand from their competitors.
- Resources: Small businesses should assess their marketing resources, including personnel, tools, and technology. This will help them determine which marketing channels are feasible for them.
Marketing Strategies for Small Business:
Here are some marketing strategies that small businesses can use to promote their products or services to other businesses:
Focus on targeting millennials and GenZs:
The modern workforce has undergone a major transformation with the rising dominance of millennials and GenZs as decision-makers in the B2B sector. In fact, a staggering 73% of millennials are involved or are influencing the B2B decision-making process in their respective organisations, and 30% of them make the B2B decisions all by themselves.
What this means for small businesses is that their B2B marketing strategy should be designed keeping in mind these millennial and GenZ decision-makers, their needs, and the things that appeal to them the most. Their preferences are heavily influenced by aspects like technology, speed, accessibility, and social media engagement, among others. Small businesses need to integrate these aspects into their B2B marketing strategy to make it more effective. A few things that businesses can do is integrate ‘Live Chat’ options in their strategy, leverage social media to connect with these young decision-makers more effectively and humanise their content.
Leverage Account-Based Marketing:
ABM, or account-based marketing, is gaining a lot of popularity in B2B marketing. With ABM, businesses can tailor their communication for each account to establish long-term engagement and relationships. This strategy allows businesses to pinpoint the specific needs of their potential customers and deliver appropriate messaging. Additionally, ABM permits companies to create a personalised marketing experience that enhances revenue and customer retention.
Try adopting a B2C approach:
Yes, you read that right! Although B2B and B2C are completely different approaches, B2B companies today are increasingly expecting a B2C buying experience. That’s why being extremely formal in language and approach won’t probably be that effective now while catering to B2B clients. A more personalised and humanised communication and approach can make all the difference! Small businesses can leverage social media to showcase their behind-the-scenes content, simplify their complex products and services, and build a community of their existing and potential customers.
Build a funnel-wise SEO strategy:
In today’s B2B market, buyers conduct extensive research before making any purchase decision. They also may not be ready to buy your product or service during this research phase. Therefore, having relevant organic content that ranks well at every stage of their buying journey is incredibly important.
That way, your brand will not only assist buyers in their research but also helps to maintain a strong presence in their minds, demonstrates expertise, and foster trust throughout their entire decision-making process. While building this strategy, businesses can segregate their keywords based on TOFU (Top Of Funnel), MOFU (Middle Of Funnel) & BOFU (Bottom Of Funnel) stages.
Create thought leadership:
While you’re targeting other businesses, one thing that you need to keep in mind is you are dealing with individuals who are constantly looking out for content and gaining knowledge. So, along with promoting your brand, you must also focus on building content that’s informational, educational, and engaging. This will not only help build trust in the minds of your potential customers but also help you build lasting relationships with them.
Simplify your demo and booking processes:
It is important to simplify trial, demo, or booking processes to accommodate the fast-paced nature of today’s world. As a B2B business owner, it is crucial to ensure that all your processes are straightforward and easy to comprehend. Even if a product or service is excellent, customers are unlikely to invest in it if they find it challenging to understand how to use it.
Network with high-value accounts:
You can easily network with decision-makers at high-value accounts by utilising LinkedIn, a professional networking platform. Given its widespread use by professionals, LinkedIn offers a valuable opportunity to generate more leads and establish thought leadership. To engage C-suite executives, it is crucial to offer them value through thought leadership and to use LinkedIn to initiate conversations that can transition to actual business.
Amura Marketing Technology, through its MarTech expertise and targeted B2B marketing approach, has helped many renowned brands transform their businesses digitally. So, are you ready to rethink your B2B digital marketing strategy with Amura? Get in touch with us today!