Not many people have heard of brick tinting, so here’s some advice from the best brick tinting service in the UK – Brick Makeover!
Brick tinting is a method of using a specialised tinting solution to add colour to your home’s exterior. Coloured bricks are created using various colours of clay which are set by firing them in a kiln. Tinting can be done to update the colour of older, faded bricks or match them with existing ones.
The benefits go beyond just adding colour: tinting also makes your home look more unified by uniting it under one roof instead of having different coloured parts that don’t match. With multiple colours, you can create unique designs!
It can be used to update the colour of older, faded bricks, or it can be used to match old bricks or add a new colour.
The process involves applying a water-based stain, which we colour match bespoke for each job, directly onto the surface of the brick and the potassium silicate in the mixture helps set the tinting solution in a way that allows the brick to breathe whilst giving it a shine, allowing you to see the natural surface texture through the tinted coating.
The tinting itself is made of iron oxide pigments and potassium silicate, which makes it extremely durable and long-lasting. After being tinted, the brick will be able to withstand all kinds of weather conditions without fading or peeling off.
In addition to durability, brick tinting is also great because it doesn’t affect the structural integrity of your building! In short, our tinting will last as long as the brick surface does.
Before applying a tint, we make sure the brick is clean and dry. We use a mild detergent with water or an all-purpose cleaner to remove dirt and mildew from your brick surfaces.
Brick tinting can help unify the look of a home.
- Matching old bricks. Brick tints that match the original brick colour are available, but they can be difficult to find. If you can’t find bricks to match your old ones, get the size or texture! Our expert brick tinting technicians can mix a custom colour to match the colour for you.
- Adding a new colour to an existing structure is a great way to add interest and personality without having to replace all of your building materials at once! Making small changes will have a big impact on how your home feels when you walk inside, especially if you live in an older house where everything seems dated or bland by today’s standards (or even just yours).
With multiple colours, you can create unique designs and patterns.
Patterns are one of the best ways to unify the look of an entire home, or if you want something even more unique, try creating your own design! Not sure what you’re after? Our technicians can advise or we can you help experiment with different colours until you find something that fits perfectly with your home’s style.
Brick tinting is an affordable, effective way to make your brick look more modern, expensive, natural or unique. Brick is a popular material for exterior home exteriors because it’s durable and has the ability to blend in with its surroundings.
However, there are several reasons why you might want to consider tinting your bricks:
- Brick can fade over time; this can make your home look older than it really is.
- Brickwork isn’t always uniform; this can make your home appear less attractive and less expensive than it really is.
- Brick isn’t always the most eye-catching option for exterior design; you may want something that stands out from other houses on the block so that passers-by notice how beautiful your house really is!
- If you are constructing an extension or have had repair work done your new bricks may not match! We can help to seamlessly blend these in with your existing bricks.
Brick tinting is a great way to update the look of your home. Want to add some life back into your home? Get a free quote from Brick Makeover today!