Roofing materials in Kenya vary and this depends on the quality, what you need, and also your budget. You would also like to stand out from the rest. At times it can be a daunting task as you may be clueless. The variety available makes the prices competitive.
It is time-consuming when you think about putting roofing tiles into your already constructed building or house. There are a few factors to consider that result in its cost. There are different types of roofing tiles: Clay, Slate, Synthetic Slate, Synthetic Spanish Barrel, Concrete, Metal, Solar, and Composite. Putting up a roof is the most important step as it gives beauty to everything that entails your construction.
When you take this into consideration it can save you money. depending on where the roofing tile is being used one is able to know the durability. if a place has extreme weather like too much heat and rain that is very heavy it requires roofing tiles that are fade-resistant and rust-resistant. This avoids the never-ending cycle of constant repairs.
For anything to last, it always requires maintenance. This needs resources, labor, and also time. There are different maintenance requirements for different roofing tiles.
Tips on maintenance
- Clean your tiles to prolong their life and prevent things like algae from forming.
- Inspecting your roofing would help you notice any leaks that may cause deterioration.
- Ensure your roofing tiles have been properly installed so as to avoid expenses. Good installations last for about more than 50 years.
Colors are meant to compliment so that your building may stand out. You should get colors that appeal to you and bring out aesthetic beauty. With the changing technology, a variety of colors have been made available on roofing tiles. Dark colors absorb heat making the interior hot compared to light-colored tiles which reflect heat.
This should be the first and most important thing to consider. Other costs like labor and installation will also have an effect on this. Roofing tiles prices in Kenya have different varieties depending on their durability and their size. Metal Roofing tiles are less durable and have a friendly budget compared to concrete roofing tiles.
The Pros and Cons of Roofing tiles
- They are long-lasting making them budget-friendly. When properly installed you will not have to reinstall them again as they may last more than 50 years.
- Do not require a lot of maintenance
- They do not allow damage from rotting and attack from insects.
- They have been made to be environmentally friendly.
- Some can be brittle and break easily when wrongly installed.
- Depending on the variety and durability they can be costly.
- At times roofing tiles installation may be tedious and difficult.
- They are known to be heavy.
As you choose your roofing materials remember not to only look at the beauty but also at the durability of what you are purchasing. Regardless of the budget you have, you will find what fits your pocket. Be wise!